In case, you don’t have time to read the entire article, let me disclose that- GE Profile Opal is the best nugget ice maker and Frigidaire EFIC101 is the best compact and portable ice maker of 2021. I’ve personally tested various ice-making machines and checked thousands of customer’s feedback before writing this post.
Although every household refrigerator has a built-in ice zone but, believe me- it’s not enough. That’s why you too looking for the best ice maker.
If you have a home bar or you love organizing a party, your refrigerator can not produce that quantity. The ice maker machines are specifically designed to produce more ice cubes in very little time.
There are basically two types of ice makers- counter-top models that are light and portable and under-counter models that are a bit heavy and can be fitted alongside the wine cooler or any other appliances.
But, you may have a question in your mind- which ice maker is best for me, right?
It totally depends on your need. If you want a portable ice maker, you can go for counter-top models else under-counter models are always the best option. I’ve written another article on this topic.
Let’s have a look at some of the best ice makers of 2021…
Best Ice Maker 2021 – Top Picks
In my research, I found these are the best ice machines for home and commercial use-
- GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Machine – (Best Overall)
- Frigidaire EFIC101 Portable Ice Maker – (Best Portable)
- VEVOR 265LBS Undercounter Ice Maker
- Igloo ICEB26BK Portable Ice Machine
- Bossin Countertop Ice Maker
- Frigidaire EFIC103 Ice Machine
- hOmeLabs Bullet Shape Ice Maker
- Scotsman CU50GA Undercounter Ice Machine
- Euhomy Countertop Ice Maker
- Manitowoc UDF0140A Ice Maker – (Best For Commercial)
1. GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Machine
I’m sure you’re fascinated by the beautiful ice cubes on the bar counter. It looks so attractive that, you already started feeling a hangover.
You might have thought that- how does wine bars produce those beautiful ice cubes?
Am I right…?
You too can make those beautiful ice-cubes at home with GE Profile Opal ice machine.
The GE Profile Opal is the best nugget ice maker. It’s popular for making sonic ice at a very faster rate. It would be your best friend at the pool party.
It’s a lightweight counter-top ice maker that will surely amaze your guests. This model is equipped with Bluetooth technology. Hence you can control and schedule everything from your smartphone.
It can produce one pound of soft and crunchy ice per hour and can be operated for 24 hours. It takes around 20 minutes to produce the first slot of ice.
It would be a wise option if you want to enjoy club and bar experience at home.
- The design of this ice maker is beautiful.
- It can produce 1 pound of sonic ice per hour.
- It’s lightweight and portable.
- It comes with Bluetooth built-in.
- It can be operated for 24 hours.
- Expensive but worth.
2. Frigidaire EFIC101 Portable Ice Maker
Frigidaire is a trustworthy brand for kitchen appliances. I’m using an Induction Range by Frigidaire and fully satisfied. That’s why I started exploring this ice maker because I trust Frigidaire.
This is the best portable ice machine that you can keep anywhere on your home-bar counter. You don’t need to run after the store with a bag of ice. Just bring this little ice machine at home.
The Frigidaire EFIC101 Countertop Ice Maker can produce 26 pounds of ice everyday. That’s sufficient for a house-warming party. It has LED control panel that allow to choose from 2 ice size.
- Highly portable design.
- Easy installation, just plug and play.
- It’s durable.
- Good customer support.
- It can produce 26 pounds ice per day.
- It makes noise when ice is emptied.
3. VEVOR 265LBS Undercounter Ice Maker
If you organize a pool party very frequently, the requirement of ice might be very high. This Vevor 265LBS Undercounter Ice Maker is the best commercial ice maker that fulfill high demand.
This ice machine equipped with a 510W powerful compressor that produces 120kg of ice cubes every day. It can make 90 ice cubes in just 8 to 10 minutes.
It’s a heavy-duty freestanding ice maker which is built with a stainless steel body. The ice machine set itself includes the water purifier setup, hence you don’t need to install a water filter additionally.
The advance control panel contains various functions like ON/OFF setup, time schedule, fault status, temperature and time display, making, water storage, harvest, ice full, High temp, overtime, auto clean, and ice thickness adjustment.
- It has the capacity to produce 120kg of ice per day.
- The build quality is excellent.
- It comes with a water filter kit.
- It has a fully automatic control panel.
- It has large capacity ice storage.
- It comes with a 3-years warranty.
- Bit expansive.
- Takes more space.
4. Igloo ICEB26BK Portable Ice Machine
Igloo is a popular ice maker brand because of its portability and various more feature. The Igloo ICEB26BK is a countertop ice machine that produces 26 pounds of ice every day.
It can store 2 pounds of ice at a time, which means it’s good enough for the home bar or making cold tea or coffee.
The transparent lid allows you to look through. You can check the quantity of ice without opening it. Also, it has a removable ice-tray that adds more flexibility to transfer ice cubes.
There is a beautiful LED panel that indicates the current mode of operation. You’ll be notified when the ice basket is full and if there’s any requirement for water. It produces bullet-shaped hollow ice that tastes great with various beverages.
- It’s very lightweight and portable.
- It barely takes 6 minutes to make 9 bullet-shaped soft ice.
- The ice is very soft and you’ll enjoy it.
- It automatically switches OFF if the ice basket is full.
- There is an indicator for notifying the water requirement.
- It doesn’t keep the ice cold for longer because of not great insulation.
- You’ll notice some noise.
5. Bossin Countertop Ice Maker
If you’re looking for a clear ice maker that takes 6-10 minutes in one cycle, this product is a good choice. Just like Igloo, it also produces 26 pounds of ice every day. But, I noticed that Igloo Countertop Ice Maker is more efficient comparatively.
Bossin Countertop Ice Maker is ideal for barbecue, outdoor parties, or basement bars. Because it’s very lightweight and portable.
It has a transparent lid, hence you can see the ice without opening it. The LED panel has the option to select Small and Large size ice. Also, there’s an Ice Full and Add Water indicator. The ice made in the shape of hollow bullets and soft. I personally loved the softness of ice.
- The installation is very easy- just plug and play design.
- Ice made with this machine is very soft and crunchy.
- It’s lightweight and portable, you can use it outdoor.
- It takes only 6 minutes in one cycle.
- It has easy to clean design.
- Ice starts melting once the machine switched OFF.
6. Frigidaire EFIC103 Heavy-Duty Ice Machine
This Frigidaire Heavy-Duty Ice Maker is made from stainless steel. So, you might feel it heavy but you’ll be satisfied with it’s ice-making performance.
There is an option to select from three different ice sizes. Depending upon your taste, you can choose between Small, Medium, and Large sizes.
Frigidaire EFIC103 Heavy-Duty Ice Maker is the best choice for home and office. The ice basket is quite large and can store 2.2 pounds of ice. It barely takes 7-minutes to complete one cycle and you get 8 ice each cycle.
- It has got a portable design.
- There is an option to select from three different sizes of ice.
- It has a sturdy and durable design.
- It only takes 6 minutes to start off with the first cycle.
- No drain required hence can be used in office too.
- Because of stainless steel, it’s a bit heavy.
7. hOmeLabs Bullet Shape Ice Maker
This hOmeLabs Ice Maker a popular ice countertop ice maker that produces soft and crunchy bullet-shaped ice. It creates refreshing, chewable pill-shaped ice to keep your drinks icy cold.
This ice maker has 2.2 litter of water reservoir. It stores 1.5 pounds of ice at a time. This much ice is enough to go for various rounds of cocktails, mocktails, and more.
It has the capacity to produce 26 pounds of ice in 24-hours. The portable design makes it the right choice for camping. All you need is a 120V power socket and your cocktail is ready to cheer.
- The pill-shared ice produced by this ice maker is soft and tasty.
- It operates silently.
- It’s portable and can be used for camping.
- The water reservoir is large hence you don’t need to refill it frequently.
- It has a transparent lid.
- The ice melts if you don’t transfer to a freezer.
8. Scotsman CU50GA Undercounter Ice Machine
If you have a big requirement of ice everyday then this Undercounter Ice Maker is the right choice. It has the capacity to produce 64 pounds of ice every day.
This machine is made for commercial use and it can store 26 pounds of ice. If budget is not an issue, this one would be the best ice maker choice.
It makes clear ice cubes that add a better taste to drinks and beverages. Also, it can be used in the labs where the requirement is ice is more. Scotsman is a well-known brand and they provide excellent services.
I would say- this is the best commercial ice maker that has an excellent life. With proper maintenance, it lasts 20-30 years easily.
- Scotsman is a well-known brand.
- It produces 64 pounds of ice every day.
- It’s a durable ice maker.
- It has the capacity to store 26 pounds of ice cubes.
- Excellent customer support and service.
- It’s a costly product.
Are you fed by running with ice bags on a store? No more, you’ve to worry about it. The GE Profile Opal Ice Maker is the best ice maker that you can go for. It has all the features with great portability. The Scotsman CU50GA is the best under counter ice maker that produces a large quality ice every day.