Do you miss your favorite iced drink while traveling and camping? You can get a compact and lightweight portable ice maker to make your camping more joyful. But, you might have a question in your mind- which one is the best ice maker for camping?
We have done enough research on your behalf and made a list of the top-rated portable ice maker for camping. You can enjoy iced tea, a cocktail, or your favorite tequila drink sitting on a rock or green grass.
Best Portable Ice Maker For Camping
We have made a list of the most portable and best ice makers of 2021–
- IKICH Portable Ice Maker – Top Pick
- COSTWAY Compact Ice Maker
- Frigidaire EFIC10 Ice Maker
- Igloo ICEB26BK Portable Ice Maker
- hOmeLabs Countertop Ice Maker
1. IKICH Portable Ice Maker – Compact & Lightweight
This beautiful portable ice maker by IKICH is best suitable for camping. It produces soft and chewable ice just within 6 minutes. This compact ice maker barely weighs 15 pounds and dimension of 8.7 x 12.3 x 12.6 inches.
It never lets you run out of ice because its daily ice production capacity is 26 pounds every day. This ice machine doesn’t require any installation. You just need to find a socket of 110-120 volts.
It has 2 litter of water reservoirs. Just fill 2 litter water and plug it into the socket. Just within 6 minutes, it gives you 9 soft and chewable bullet-shaped ice.
This portable ice maker comes with a removable ice bucket. Due to which it becomes very easy to clean (read this ice maker cleaning guide). It also comes with an ice scoop, hence you don’t need to purchase one additionally.
For traveling and camping with family, this ice maker is an excellent choice. You can enjoy your favorite frozen drinks with other members.
- It’s compact and lightweight.
- It produces bullet-shaped soft & chewable ice.
- The ice bucket is removable.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It produces 9 ice cubes in each cycle.
- It only takes 6 to 8 minutes for ice production.
- It’s not suitable if daily ice need is more than 26 pounds.
2. COSTWAY Compact Ice Maker
This COSTWAY compact ice maker is another good choice for camping. Its compact design makes it easy to carry along. It’s perfectly suitable for camping, barbeque, garden party, and friend’s reunion.
This ice machine has got a countertop design and only weighs 17 pounds. You can take it anywhere for an outdoor party. It never lets you run to the store with ice bags.
The daily ice production capacity of this machine is 26 pounds every day. It works efficiently and produces 9 ice cubes in just 6 minutes.
When we talk about its build quality, then I’m personally loving it. It comes with various color options but my favorite is black and silver. Both look great on the kitchen countertop and home bar.
- The design is compact and best for outdoor use.
- It produces 9 soft ice cubes in just 6 minutes.
- It’s the best ice maker for camping.
- It can be used for garden parties, outdoor barbeque, and family gatherings.
- It only weighs 17 pounds.
- Ice starts melting if not transferred to a freezer.
3. Frigidaire EFIC10 Ice Maker
Frigidaire is a reliable brand for home and kitchen appliances. This Frigidaire ice maker weighs 19 pounds approximately (18.96 pounds exactly). This ice maker comes will a fully transparent lid that allows you to look through it.
The design of this Frigidaire portable ice maker is adorable. It produces 26 pounds of ice in 24 hours. So, it’s yet another perfect choice for camping and outdoor parties.
The company provides excellent after-sale service across the country. This ice maker allows choosing from two ice sizes. If you love large ice cubes then select the large size option on the control panel.
The large size ice takes around 12 to 15 minutes for one cycle while small size ice takes around 6 to 8 minutes. It doesn’t require any installation. You just add some water to the reservoir and plug it into the socket to start ice production.
- Frigidaire provides excellent after-sale service.
- It’s a trustworthy brand for kitchen & home appliances.
- This ice maker produces 26 pounds of ice in 24 hours.
- You can choose from Small and Large size ice.
- The lid is fully transparent, hence you can check the ice level in the storage bin without opening it.
- It produces little noise.
- Ice starts melting if not transferred to a refrigerator.
4. Igloo ICEB26BK Portable Ice Maker
Igloo is yet another popular brand for portable ice makers. This ice maker weighs 20 pounds and the build quality is good. It operates on 120 volts and produces 26 pounds of ice every day.
It has a large ice storage bin that holds 2 pounds of ice all time. Hence it ensures your party keeps going without a shortage of ice. It produces 9 pieces of cylinder-shaped ice in just 6 minutes.
Although it comes with four color options; black is my favorite. The build and finishing of this portable ice maker are great.
- It has four color options.
- It produces 9 ice cubes in one cycle.
- It’s a portable ice machine.
- It has a countertop design.
- It has premium build-quality and surface finish.
- The external insulation is not that great.
- It’s noisy while operating.
5. hOmeLabs Chill-Pill Countertop Ice Maker
At last but not least, the h0meLabs countertop ice maker is yet another good choice for camping. This ice maker comes with two different ice size options. You can make small or medium-size ice with it.
The shape of the ice made from this machine is just like a pill. That’s why it’s popularly known as a Chill-Pill ice maker.
The daily production capacity is 26 pounds. The one cycle takes 7 to 8 minutes for 9 small size ice cubes.
It comes with an efficient compressor and a corrosion-resistant condenser. The ice produced with is ice maker is hollow bullet shape. It’s soft and chewable that can be used for frozen drinks, cocktails, mocktails, and many more.
- It weighs 20 pounds approximately.
- It comes with an ice scoop and ice basket.
- The ice basket is removable.
- It produces 26 pounds of soft ice every day.
- Cleaning is very easy.
- The ice starts melting after a few minutes.
- It’s noisy while operating.
It’s not convenient to carry a large size ice maker for camping. Hence a compact and lightweight ice maker is good. In terms of weight and size, IKICH is the best ice maker for camping and traveling. You can check all the details on the product page and choose the appropriate one according to your preference.