Have you ever faced the trouble of making ice during hot summer days? Do you know- you can get a countertop ice maker for under $100? It helps a lot in the scorching summer heat.
No doubt, you have a refrigerator to make ice, but that doesn’t help in satisfying your needs when you want a party. Hence, a countertop ice maker can be your helping hand.
These portable ice makers will do the trick for you. Just pour the water, switch on the ice maker, and voila, within a few minutes, your ice cubes are ready.
Here, in this post, I’ve curated some of the best countertop ice makers under $100 that you can buy to deal with summer. Let’s take a look and make a better choice.
Table of Contents
Best Countertop Ice Maker Under $100
Choosing the countertop ice maker isn’t easy these days. Let’s face it; every ice-making machine has its pros and cons.
Some may be portable, while at the same time, some have extended features. That’s why I’ve done the hard part for you and selected the best budget-friendly ice maker under $100. You can buy it without any hesitation.
- Frigidaire Countertop Ice Maker – (Best under $100)
- Frigidaire EFIC117 Ice Maker
- Frigidaire EFIC206 Compact Ice Maker
- Litboos Countertop Ice Maker
- Igloo ICEB26SS Countertop Ice Maker – (Best under $150)
1. Frigidaire Countertop Ice Maker
- It’s a budget-friendly and easy to use.
- Soft-touch electronic controls with 2.3-quart reservoir.
- No installation hassles due to countertop design.
- LED indicator for easy control.
- Can prepare one batch of ice in less than seven minutes.
- It’s not suitable for large family.
- It has small ice basket.
Frigidaire countertop ice maker is excellent to have under this budget. It boasts with soft-touch electronic control that helps to handle the device easily. This ice maker has the excellent capacity of generating 26 lbs of ice at one time.
In contrast, it has a built-in air outlet fan that helps to cool down the machine instantly. The best part of this is you don’t need to install the device.
The Frigidaire countertop ice maker is already installed, so all you need to do is plug in the machine, add some water and enjoy the first batch of ice within minutes. See this countertop ice maker installation and setup guide.
2. Frigidaire EFIC117 Ice Maker
- Powerful compressor cooling system for instant ice .
- The portable size that fits easily.
- Stylish see-through design.
- Convenient drain system to drain water easily.
- No installation required.
- Need to empty container to fit next batch of ice.
- It makes noise while operation.
Need an instant budget-friendly ice maker? Frigidaire EFIC117 is the right choice. It can produce 26 pounds of ice instantly, even in less than six minutes. Moreover, the ice maker can make two different sizes of ice cubes to satisfy your needs ideally.
On the other hand, the ice maker is extremely portable and has a see-through design that allows you to see ice making.
Plus, it has a digital LED control panel that helps to control the machine easily. Other than this, it includes an ice shovel, which allows transferring of the ice easily. If you have a less spacious kitchen, then you can have this portable Frigidaire EFIC117 ice maker.
3. Frigidaire EFIC206 Compact Ice Maker
- The large see-through window for checking ice.
- Instant ice in less than 6 minutes.
- Excellent ice holding basket.
- Two different size ice cubes.
- No installation required.
- The plastic top is brittle.
- No accessories included.
Compact yet stylish, this is another ice maker model that fits your needs and budget. It features a cooling compressor that helps to make instant ice in less than 6 minutes. Within 24 hours, you can prepare 26 lbs of ice.
The best part is that Frigidaire is highly energy-efficient and consumes only 200W of power. Above this, it has an extra-large ice basket capacity which can hold up to 1.2kg of ice at one time. You can even choose two different ice sizes based on your needs.
4. Litboos Countertop Ice Maker
- Nine bullet styles ice cubes in less than 10 minutes.
- Highly energy-efficient and portable.
- Noise-free operation and easy control panel.
- Stainless steel construction for a longer lifespan.
- Easy to operate.
- The tank doesn’t hold much ice.
- Not suitable for large family.
To get ice cubes instantly, you can have this best countertop ice maker for under $100. It can make nine ice cubes within ten minutes.
So, it is perfect for a party and for serving chilled drinks to a number of people. Its stylish design and firm size make it portable enough to fit in any kitchen space.
Litboos countertop ice maker has stainless steel construction which is sturdier enough to withstand in all seasons. Additionally, it consumes less energy and runs smoothly without causing disturbing sound.
It features a 1.7L water tank and a portable ice basket. Plus, you get 6- days free return to return and get a refund if you get a defective item.
5. Igloo ICEB26SS Countertop Ice Maker
- Strong and sturdier design.
- It makes 26 pounds ice within 24 hours.
- Quick freezing for instant ice cubes.
- Transparent lid to monitor ice formation.
- Simple ice scoop spatula included.
- Period checking require to dispense ice when full .
- Little noisy if not placed on a flat surface.
If you are ready to pay some extra bucks, Igloo ICEB26SS is the best countertop ice maker to buy under $150. These ice machines are designed for convenient operation. Like others, here in this model, you get 26 pounds of ice within 24 hours.
This much capacity is enough to satisfy the 70-80 glasses of cold drink. Other than this, you get a cozy ice basket that can hold 2 pounds of ice at one time.
Its quick-freezing technology provides nine small cylinder-shaped ice cubes in less than 7 minutes. It features a transparent lid so that you can view ice-making easily.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Cheap Ice Maker
Do you get confused about which model of ice maker is best for your kitchen? Then take a look at these things that help you decide over the best countertop ice maker under $100.
1. Ice making speed
This thing will always remain on top when you are looking for a portable countertop ice maker. There are a lot of models present in the market that may promise to make instant ice. But not all satisfy your needs. So, make sure that you choose those that can make ice within seven to ten minutes.
You are going to invest in a portable ice maker machine. So, prefer to have those ice makers that offer you 26lbs of ice within 24 hours. Some ice makers can also produce more than 26 lbs of ice so that you can choose wisely as per your need.
3. Control panel
Control panel helps to control the machine quickly and with ease. Many models of ice makers come with single-button control, whereas some models have digital control panels. You can choose those countertop ice makers that fit as per your convenience.
4. Ice basket capacity
This is the most important feature you need to look at before buying the ice maker machine. Usually, the ice maker has a small basket to hold ice. But prefer to have those ice baskets that can hold at least 1.2 kg of ice at one time. With this much ice carrying capacity, you can keep yourself away from the hassles of emptying baskets timely.
5. Energy consumption
Always choose those countertop ice makers that are energy efficient and consume less than 200W energy. This will not only save extra bucks but also help to run your appliance for the long run too.
Also Check- 1. Best Countertop Ice Maker Under $200 2. Best Ice Maker Under $1000
A mobile countertop ice maker can be a boon in the summer, especially for party people. So, I hope after reading the reviews you’ve decided to buy any one of these models. I’ve selected these best countertop ice makers under $100 by considering your budget, need, storage trouble, and energy usage in mind. Plus, you can follow the buying guide to make a better choice about the product too.