It feels so good to enjoy a drink with nugget ice. If you’re missing the taste of the drink with nugget ice then bring a countertop nugget ice maker home.
Believe me- you’re not alone who prefer nugget ice in your drinks. There are millions of others who love to enjoy this summer with nugget ice.
Nugget ice aka sonic ice is made from flaked ice and it’s not possible with a normal ice maker. You need to buy a nugget ice maker for that. FirstBuild Opal is the most popular nugget ice maker that everyone recommends.
We also did our research and made a list of the best countertop nugget ice maker for home and office use. If you’re in search of a portable nugget ice maker then this guide will help you.
Best Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
These are our top picks for countertop nugget ice makers-
- FirstBuild Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- GE Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- TaoTronics Nugget Ice Maker
- NewAir Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- Frigidaire EFIC235 Nugget Ice Maker
Best Nugget Ice Maker Buying Guide
There are very limited brands that manufacturers countertop nugget ice makers. However, you need to look at various things before buying a nugget ice machine.
In this section, I’ll guide you- what you should consider before buying a countertop nugget ice maker.
Although, there are limited brands that supply countertop nugget ice makers for home use. Still, you must consider the brand value of the product. The trustworthy brand works on their research and development then provide you a good quality product.
Also, a trustworthy brand provides responsive customer support and excellent after-sale service. FirstBuild and GE appliances are two leader brand that manufactures countertop nugget ice maker. I had great experience with both the brands.
The size of the nugget ice maker is another important aspect you must consider before buying an ice maker. If you’ve less space in your kitchen then make sure you check the dimensions of the appliance that you’re ordering.
You don’t spend $3000 if your budget is $1000 for an ice maker. Your budget is the deciding factor for many things. The price of countertop nugget ice makers varies from $300 to $1000. So, you must consider your budget before buying a nugget ice maker.
1. FirstBuild Opal Nugget Ice Maker
FirstBuild and GE appliances providing almost similar products. They named it Opal nugget ice maker.
Opal is the most popular nugget ice maker and the first choice for many. Due to their good service and responsive customer support, people prefer FirstBuild over GE appliances.
FirstBuild Opal measures 15.5 x 10.5 x 17.2 inches in dimension. It’s a perfect size for countertops. The design of the Opal nugget ice maker looks amazing.
FirstBuild Opal ice maker can produce 24 pounds of soft and crunchy nugget ice in 24 hours. Also, it has a 3 pounds ice bin that holds enough ice to keep your party going on.
- The company provides great after-sale service.
- It produces 24 lb soft nugget ice every day which is sufficient for home and office use.
- It’s a smart ice maker equipped with Bluetooth technology which allows you to control and schedule through the FirstBuild app.
- It’s a portable nugget ice maker that doesn’t require any installation.
- It’s noisy when not placed on a flat surface.
- Some users reported- it stopped working after 1 year.
2. GE Opal Nugget Ice Maker
GE appliances are yet another popular ice maker brand. GE Opal nugget ice maker is yet another best choice. It looks similar to the FirstBuild Opal nugget ice maker.
If you always wanted nugget ice in your drink then this GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker is a good choice under $600. It doesn’t require any water line hook-up hence you can use it for outdoor parties.
The machine takes 20 minutes to deliver you a restaurant-grade soft and crunchy ice at home. It’s time to kick off the traditional hard ice cubes in your drinks and enhance the pleasure up to 3x with soft nugget ice.
The GE Profile Opal ice maker is powered by Bluetooth and smart sensor technology. It automatically turns ON if the ice bin running out of ice and turn OFF if ice bin is full.
- It has got a countertop design hence no installation required.
- The quality of the ice is excellent.
- The body made from stainless steel with great finishing.
- The transparent lid and removable ice bin ensure the easy withdrawal of ice.
- It’s a smart nugget ice maker hence ice-making job can be scheduled from your smartphone.
- Little noisy.
- Ice starts melting if not transferred to a refrigerator.
3. TaoTronics Nugget Ice Maker
If you’re looking for a compact and portable countertop nugget ice maker then this model from TaoTronics is a perfect choice.
The dimensions of this nugget ice maker are 10 x 17 x 17 inches. It weighs 40.2 pounds and can produce 26 pounds of nugget ice every day.
It has a 3.3 pounds ice bin that is monitored by smart sensor technology. When the ice basket is full, the machine automatically stops making ice.
This countertop nugget ice maker is easy to install. You just need to plug the power cord into a socket and fill the reservoir with water. Press the start button and you’ll get first batch of soft and chewable sonic ice in just 18 minutes.
This machine comes with a self-cleaning feature. If you noticed differ in taste of ice then press and hold the Clean button for 3 seconds. The machine will go into cleaning cycle for next five minutes.
- It can produce 26 pounds of soft and chewable nuggets daily.
- It has 3.3 pounds ice bin that stores enough ice that ensures your party keeps going on.
- You can install it yourself.
- It comes with a self-cleaning feature.
- The company provides one year warranty.
- Sometimes it makes noise.
4. NewAir Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
The NewAir is a leading brand in ice makers. This model from NewAir is suitable for large families. If there are high demands of nugget ice and you want a countertop machine then this should be your priority.
This NewAir nugget ice maker can produce 40 pounds of soft and crunchy nugget ice in 24 hours. The company provided great insulation hence ice doesn’t melt quickly.
The rate of ice production is comparatively high. You’ll get your first batch in 6-10 minutes while above ice makers take 18-20 minutes.
The compact design, great finishing, and melt-resistant material is a plus point. The plastic materials are made from food-grade plastic and BPA-free.
- High ice production capacity of 40 pounds/day.
- It’s a portable device.
- It’s made from BPA-free materials.
- The insulation is really nice and ice doesn’t melt quickly.
- It takes 6-10 minutes to release the first batch of nugget ice.
- It has a self-cleaning feature.
- It generates noise.
5. Frigidaire EFIC235 Nugget Ice Maker
If you want the similar quality of ice that a bar waiter served you last night then you should buy a countertop nugget ice maker for home use. This Frigidaire EFIC235 nugget ice maker has the capacity to produce 44 lbs of nugget ice every day.
This model is very compact and lightweight. Hence you can use it for outdoor gatherings. It measures 12 x 17 x 19 inches in dimensions and weighs 44 pounds.
Due to the countertop design, you do not need to call a technician for the installation. Just like the Opal ice maker, this model comes with a side-mounted water reservoir.
- High ice production capacity.
- Good after-sale service.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Fast ice production rate.
- It produces soft and crunchy nugget ice.
- Many customers noticed water leaks.
- It’s loud while operating.
- Insulation work could be better.
There are limited choices for countertop nugget ice makers. If your budget is up to $600 then GE Profile Opal nugget ice maker is a good choice. You can go for NewAir nugget ice maker if there are high demands for ice.
Check the above products and specifications and make a wise purchase decision.