Are you in search of the best nugget ice maker? If so, I would say- you landed at the right place. Because I have made a list of the top 5 nugget ice makers after spending 8 hours on research.
Nugget Ice aka Pellet Ice/Sonic Ice/Pebble is the favorite type of ice of cocktail lovers. It doesn’t melt quickly and floats over the drink. Sonic Ice is soft and chewable too but it can’t be produced in general ice makers.
That’s why I came up with this article. I’m sure it will help you in picking the best sonic ice maker for home/commercial use.
Best Nugget Ice Maker
Following are the top 5 nugget ice makers that you can order online-
- GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- Ice-O-Matic GEMU090 Sonic Ice Maker
- NewAir Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- Scotsman Prodigy Plus Nugget Ice Maker
- NewAir Portable Sonic Ice Maker
1. GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker
GE Profile Opal is a Bluetooth enabled smart nugget ice maker for home use. If your daily need for nugget ice is around 20-24 pounds then it’s a perfect choice. It can be controlled with your smartphone.
The Opal Nugget Ice Maker has got countertop design that looks adorable. It produces soft and crunchy sonic ice just within 20 minutes. The daily capacity of this ice maker is 24 pounds and the ice basket has the capacity of 3 pounds.
If you want to try restaurants like nugget ice at home then Opal is the right choice. You can enjoy great drinks with friends and colleagues.
This pellet ice maker doesn’t require any installation. Also, you don’t need to connect it with a water line. It just requires a power source and fills the reservoir with water to start making ice.
The ice basket is connected to the water reservoir, hence if the ice melts it automatically goes to the reservoir. It’s the best portable sonic ice machine for home use. You can order it online and enjoy soft and chewable sonic ice at home.
- It has built-in Bluetooth technology, so you can control it via Smartphone.
- It produces soft and chewable sonic ice.
- It’s portable and can be used outdoor too.
- It doesn’t require installation.
- The design is adorable.
- It produces the first batch of nugget ice in just 20 minutes.
- It has the capacity to produce 24 pounds of ice every day.
- It’s not suitable if daily ice demand is higher than 25 pounds.
2. Ice-O-Matic GEMU090 Sonic Ice Maker
If you’re looking for an under-counter nugget ice maker then Ice-O-Matic GEMU090 is the right choice. Take occupies a very small space and can be placed beside the wine cooler. It has the capacity to produce 85 pounds of extra soft chewable ice in 24 hours.
The nugget ice made in this machine matches the quality of ice served in clubs and restaurants. Actually, the company calls it Pearl Ice. The installation of this ice maker is easy. You can do it yourself after reading the manuals.
If there is more demand for ice then you can consider it for commercial use. It looks like a small fridge and has the capacity to holds 22 pounds of pearl ice at a time.
- It has the capacity to produce 85 pounds of sonic ice every day.
- It has got an under-counter design that fits beside any appliances.
- It has a large ice basket that holds 22 pounds of readymade ice at a time.
- The cleaning of this machine is easy.
- The installation process is easy.
- It’s expensive.
3. NewAir Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
NewAir is a trusted brand for manufacturing ice machines. This nugget ice maker by NewAir is yet another good choice. This model has got a countertop design. It means you can keep it on the kitchen countertop or wine bar counter.
The daily ice production capacity of this machine is 40 pounds. I think it’s sufficient for home, offices, or a cafeteria.
This machine looks pretty and the control panel fitted on the front. It comes automatically shut off and overflow protection. So, you don’t need to keep an eye on it.
It produces 12 pieces of soft and chewable nugget ice in just 15 minutes. So, you can start your cocktail party just within 10 minutes.
- It produces 40 pounds of ice every day.
- There are 3 different ice size options.
- The build quality is excellent.
- It has an automatic shut-off and overflows protection.
- There’s an LED indicator that asks to fill water in the reservoir.
- Noisy operation.
4. Scotsman Prodigy Plus Nugget Ice Maker
Scotsman Prodigy Plus is a compact size commercial nugget ice maker. It has the capacity to produce 643 pounds of sonic ice in 24 hours. It’s a great looking machine that you can buy for cafeteria, restaurants, or beverage store.
This nugget ice machine has all the removable components. It makes it easy to clean and maintain.
This machine has a Vari-Smart feature that allows you to program the ice level for seven days in advance. The company provides post-sale service across the country.
Also, it comes with five years of warranty on the compressor and three years of warranty on other components.
- It’s suitable for commercial use.
- It produces 643 pounds of ice every day.
- There’s a Vari-Smart feature that allows you to program the ice level for seven days in advance.
- The company provides five years of warranty on the compressor.
- It comes with three years of warranty on other parts and components.
- It’s a bit expensive.
5. NewAir Portable Sonic Ice Maker
If you’re looking for a portable and countertop ice maker for home and outdoor, you can go with this NewAir sonic ice maker. It produces a sufficient amount of soft and clear ice for a pool party.
This NewAir Portable Sonic Ice Maker has the capacity to produce 50 pounds of ice every day. If you frequently invite guests to your home, you don’t run with ice bags at the store anymore. This ice maker gives you instant nugget ice.
This ice maker comes with automatic overflow protection. Hence you don’t need to stay nearby. Just turn it ON, fill the water in the reservoir, and enjoy the party with your guests. It only takes 7 minutes to produce 12 pieces of ice.
- It has a portable design.
- There’s an option to choose from 3 sizes of ice.
- It produces 12 pieces of clear sonic ice in just 7 minutes.
- It has the capacity to produce 50 pounds of nugget ice every day.
- There are automatic shut off and overflow protection.
- The ice melts if not transferred to a refrigerator.
- It makes little noise while operating.
So, you’ve checked the top 5 nugget ice makers review. I don’t know what’s your need, but I would say- Opal Nugget Ice Maker is the best for home and office use. If you need one for a compact ice maker for commercial use then Scotsman Prodigy Plus is the right choice. It doesn’t mean others are not good! You can choose any from the above list- it all depends on your budget.