Countertop Ice Makers are made for portability and lightweight but not suitable if there’s a high demand for soft and chewable ice every day.
In that case, under counter ice makers are the best choice. It can be fitted under any cabinet of your kitchen or can be installed beside any other appliances.
Portable ice makers are good for carrying it outside but under-counter ice makers are quite bulky. So, it’s not possible to use it outdoors. The best undercounter ice makers come with lots of features that countertops can’t have due to compact size and lightweight.
Also, you can notice the difference in the taste of ice produced by under counter ice makers and countertop ice makers.
Due to the wide range of products, it’s tough to find the best under counter ice maker. That’s why I came up with this article where I’m going to review the top 5 undercounter ice makers for residential and commercial use.
Best Undercounter Ice Makers – Review & Top Picks
In my research, I filtred these top 5 under counter ice makers for residential and commercial use-
- Scotsman CU50GA Undercounter Ice Maker – Top Pick
- Manitowoc SM-50A Undercounter Ice Maker
- U-Line UBI95B00A Undercounter Ice Maker
- EdgeStar IB250SS Undercounter Ice Maker
- Smad Compact Undercounter Ice Maker
1. Scotsman CU50GA Undercounter Ice Maker
Scotsman CU50GA is the most preferred under-counter ice maker in the USA. It has the capacity to produce 64 pounds of soft and chewable ice in 24 hours.
Also, this top-rated under-counter ice maker has a large storage bin that holds 26 pounds of ready-to-serve ice every time.
This Scotsman Undercounter Ice Maker comes with a water hardness sensor. This sensor detects and controls the hardness of the water. As a result, you get a good quality soft and chewable ice.
This ice maker comes with a user-friendly control panel. Also, the cleaning of this machine is easy. If budget is not your burden then this one would be the best ice maker for your kitchen.
- It’s easy to clean this appliance.
- It comes with 26 pounds of ice bin that never let you run out of ice.
- It has a self-cleaning feature.
- The control panel is user-friendly.
- The ice produced in this machine doesn’t melt quickly.
- It’s expensive.
2. Manitowoc SM-50A Undercounter Ice Maker
If you want a durable ice maker for home use then this one will match your expectations. This ice maker by Manitowoc SM-50A is yet another appliance that got undercounter design. It has 25 pounds ice bin and a daily capacity of 53 pounds.
So, you don’t need to worry about ice when organizing a pool or housewarming party. It comes with a pre-installed water filtration system that removes the hardness of the water.
The quality of ice made by this ice machine is excellent. It’s air-cooled and can be installed under any cabinet size of 15 inches. Also, there’s sufficient space to take out the ice from the storage bin.
- It comes with a pre-installed water filtration system.
- The taste and shape of the ice are excellent.
- It has an air-cooled compressor.
- Perfect to install under any kitchen cabinet of 15 inches.
- It’s loud when starts.
- It’s expensive.
3. U-Line UBI95B00A Undercounter Ice Maker
If you’re looking for the best outdoor undercounter ice maker then this product from U-Line is the right choice. It only requires a 0.25 inch outside diameter water line connection to start producing clear ice.
This machine operates very efficiently and consumes minimum electricity and water. This ice machine has the capacity to produce 23 pounds of ice and requires less than three gallons of water for that.
It’s good looking and lightweight ice machine. The body is made from stainless steel and it’s highly durable. It comes with great insulation from the outside to keep the ice frozen.
- The build quality is great.
- It’s a durable product.
- It requires a minimum of water.
- It works efficiently.
- It makes noise.
- It requires a drain.
4. EdgeStar IB250SS Undercounter Ice Maker
It’s another best commercial undercounter ice maker that produces crisp and cold ice. The ice made in this machine doesn’t melt quickly.
Because of the under-counter design, it can be installed in any cabinet of your kitchen. This ice maker has 20 pounds of ice storage bin that ensures your party keeps going.
It produces 25 pounds of ice every day. The quality of the ice is actually good. It can be used for any frozen drinks like margarita, cocktails, iced tea, coffee, or can be easily shaved for making snow cones.
This machine produces crescent-shaped ice which provides harder and longer-lasting ice. It comes with all additional accessories like a scoop, water line, and removable ice storage bin.
- It produces longer-lasting crescent-shaped ice.
- It looks adorable.
- It has 20 pounds removable ice storage bin.
- It comes with all additional accessories.
- The build quality is great.
- It doesn’t have interior lighting.
5. Smad Compact Undercounter Ice Maker
Just like any other best undercounter gourmet ice maker, this also has front ventilation. So, it can be installed easily inside any cabinet.
It works as a freezer so that, the ice produced doesn’t melt quickly. This under-counter ice maker has a reversible door, hence you can change it according to your convenience.
It has a daily ice production capacity of 12 pounds and has 6 pounds of ice storage bin. This machine automatically shut-off once the ice bin is full.
If you’re looking for a compact under-counter ice maker then this would a good choice. However, it’s not suitable for a large family.
- It has a compact design.
- It’s made from stainless steel.
- It has a reversible door system.
- It’s a budget-friendly machine.
- It has only 6 pounds of storage bin.
- It only produces 12 pounds of ice every day.
I personally love the under-counter design and Scotsman’s CU50GA is my favorite. However, it’s an individual choice. If you want a durable and feature-rich best under-counter nugget ice maker then go with Scotsman CU50GA.
The Manitowoc SM-50A is also a good option because it produces soft and chewable ice. Also, it has an in-built water filtration system that maintains the hardness of water and gives better quality ice.