If you’ve got a KitchenAid ice maker, it is essential to clean the machine periodically. To clean the countertop ice maker, you can use mild detergent powder and warm water. Or you can use lemon juice and vinegar to clean the ice maker.
Then, pour the soap solution into the machine and tap on the cleaning button. The machine will clean the internal parts.
However, there are many steps involved in cleaning the KitchenAid ice maker machine. In this blog, I’ll give you a complete guide on cleaning the machine safely.
Table of Contents
How To Clean the KitchenAid Ice Maker?
You can clean the ice maker by following these simple steps:
- First, turn off the machine and unplug it. Then, wait for a few minutes to ensure that the remaining ice will completely melt from the storage bin. Moreover, you can also remove the remaining ice and store it in the freezer to use further.
- Now, make sure to unscrew the draining cap located at the bottom of the storage bin or under the water pan. This is to ensure that no ice will leave in the storage bin. Then plug in the machine again.
- Next, take some cleaning solution made for the ice maker machine. If you don’t have the cleaning solution, simply prepare the mild soap solution to clean the machine.
- If you are using the cleaner, then create a solution by pouring it into the water. Next, pour the entire solution into the machine and press the clean button. Hold the button until the light blinks. This will indicate that the cleaning process is started.
- Once the machine’s cleaning cycle is completed, the machine will indicate the green color light. The whole process will take around 50-70 minutes. While cleaning you, you don’t need to pour water or rinse the machine; it will do by itself.
- After the cleaning is finished, you can remove the water drain pipe. Apart from this, make sure that there will be no cleaning solution left in the machine. However, if there is a solution present, you need to repeat the entire cleaning cycle.
- Remember that you may require multiple cleaning cycles for better cleaning and to remove the scale build-up.
- If there is no cleaning solution left in the water pan, this means the process is completed. You need to hold the “On” button to resume the machine again and start making ice.
How to clean the condenser of the ice maker?
As parts of the countertop ice maker machine, it is equally important to clean the condenser of the ice maker to improve longevity. Moreover, cleaning is also essential to prevent airflow and run the machine smoother.
Here are a few steps that you need to follow in cleaning the condenser:
- First of all, unplug the machine and disconnect from the power source to avoid electrical shock.
- Now, you will see the four screws below the condenser, which you need to remove. The two are present on the lower access panel, whereas the other two are present at the front part of the grill area. Remove all the screws and pull the panel downward.
- Now, start cleaning the condenser with the help of a damp cloth. First, make sure to remove all the dirt and lint from the condenser. Along with this, make sure to clean the dirt present inside the condenser’s unit compartment. Also, use the vacuum brush attachment, which helps to clean the condenser quickly.
- Once you finish the cleaning, put the lower panel back in place and screw them tightly. Do ensure to place all the screws accurately. Now, plugin machine and turn it on.
How to Clean the Accessories of an Icemaker?
The cleaning of the ice maker accessory is pretty straightforward compared to the machine’s condenser.
To clean the accessories such as scoop, filter, and ice basket, you can use a mild detergent solution. But first, make sure to remove the accessories from the machine.
After removing the accessories, use the detergent solution and a cotton cloth to clean. Moreover, you can directly pour the liquid detergent on the accessories with a spray bottle, then wash it with warm water.
Once, the cleaning is done, dry the accessories completely and place all the accessories back on the machine.
Cleaning is an integral part of the ice maker machine as it helps keep your appliance protected from damage and avoid bad odor from the machine. Once you are done cleaning, do ensure to place all the things correctly to run the machine smoother.
Similar Cleaning Guides-