An ice maker gives you the freedom to enjoy clean ice without having to sacrifice kitchen space. Ice makers can produce large quantities of ice regularly. So, if you have a business or regularly host parties where you require a large amount of ice, these are worthy investments.
Ice makers can be classified into two types. Countertop or compact ice makers have a compact design that you can usually fit on a counter. The disadvantage with these types is they do not hold freezing temperatures.
Undercounter ice makers can hold freezing temperatures as well as offer larger capacity. The disadvantage with them is that they fit on bar counters or under a kitchen. They are difficult to install and weigh much more compared to countertop ice makers.
While choosing an ice maker, you need to make sure that you consider the amount of ice it produces in each cycle and the time it requires to produce. Also, it is good to consider how to retrieve the ice.
To find out the gourmet ice makers in the market, we have done thorough research. In this article, we have included the best gourmet ice makers. Let’s have a look through the top 5 countertops and under-counter ice makers in the market.
Best Gourmet Ice Makers For 2021
These are the top 10 gourmet ice makers that you can consider buying for summers-
Top 5 countertop gourmet ice makers list-
- Euhomy Portable Gourmet Ice Maker
- Frigidaire Countertop Gourmet Ice Maker
- Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
- NewAir Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- COSTWAY Gourmet Ice Maker
Top 5 undercounter gourmet ice makers list-
- Scotsman CU50PA Gourmet Ice Maker
- Hoshizaki AM-50BAJ-AD Commercial Ice Machine
- VEVOR Commercial Clear Ice Maker
- Ice-O-Matic GEMU090 Gourmet Ice Maker
- Hoshizaki C-80BAJ Commercial Ice Maker
Best Countertop Gourmet Ice Makers
Countertop gourmet ice makers come with great portability and lightweight. You can use such types of machines for the home bar, kitchen, or office use.
1. Euhomy Portable Clear Ice Maker
- Produces high-quality ice cubes.
- Rapid functioning can produce 24 ice cubes every 12 to 18 minutes.
- Easy to understand LCD with easy push buttons.
- A light indicator if water is low.
- Automatic self-cleaning.
- Quiet functioning.self-cleaning.
- Lack of freezing function, which cannot prevent ice melting.
If you are looking for slow-melting and denser ice that will cool down your cocktail, look no further. This top-rated countertop ice maker is loaded with premium refrigerator technology and advanced compressors to produce the best quality ice cubes.
The device works at rapid speed and produces 24 ice cubes every 12 to 18 minutes. This machine can produce 40 pounds of ice in a day and hold up to 2.2 liters of water.
The LCD is easy to read and features easy to push digital buttons for comfortable use. The anti-corrosive ice tray makes it hygienic and the ice safe for consumption. In addition, the automatic cleaning function makes your life much easier.
2. Frigidaire Countertop Gourmet Ice Maker
- An efficient device that is non-polluting.
- Portable device.
- Available in a variety of styles and colors.
- Electric controls are easy to understand.
- Makes 24 ice cubes in less than 7 minutes.
- The device is quiet and energy-efficient.
- Some ice can melt if kept for long.
Here comes the most power-efficient and non-polluting ice maker. This countertop gourmet ice maker by Frigidaire is portable and has a variety of colors and styles. They are compatible with the existing decor of your kitchen.
The ice basket is above the water reservoir of 2.3 liters, and the machine can make 40 pounds of square clear ice cubes. The device runs on 120 watts and is designed to function quietly. The electric controls are user-friendly and prepare ice in less or no time.
The exterior of the machine is durable, which makes the machine long-lasting. The see-through windows of the device allow you to watch the ice-making process.
3. Luma Comfort Portable Clear Ice Maker
- Simple and hassle-free ice maker.
- 15 minutes of freezing time for each cycle. It prevents the melting of the ice on the tray.
- Can produce 28lbs of ice in a day.
- The ice produced by the machine melts 5 times slower than the cloudy ones.
- The steel finish makes the device durable. It is portable too.
- No plumbing is required. The side drain avoids the spilling of water.
- The lack of a filter can be problematic.
- The machine is loud.
If you are looking for a compact and elegant ice maker, this is the right choice for you. This device produces restaurant-quality ice with 15 minutes of freezing time per cycle. The ice cools your drink effortlessly and also melts 5 times slower than cloudy ice.
One of the best qualities of the device is that it requires no installation. You can just plug it in the socket, add the required water and get the perfect ice cubes in just 15 minutes.
The powerful compressor can make 28 pounds of ice 24 hours so that you never run out of it even when guests are home.
The ice maker is efficient and portable. The sleek steel finish makes it durable as well as attractive.
4. NewAir Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- Quick functioning.
- Three different kinds of ice cubes available.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Comes with additional accessories like an ice scoop and an ice tray.
- Can make 28 pounds of ice in a day.
- Can produce one tray of ice in just 6 minutes.
- The machine cannot clean itself.
- Make loud noises.
This small and compact ice maker by NewAir makes clear ice in less than 6 minutes and does not require much space. One set can make 9 clear ice cubes, and the powerful machine can make up to 28 pounds of ice in a day.
This machine allows you to make three different kinds of ice. The light indicator lets you know when to add water. For cleaning, you need to unplug the device and clean it yourself. The automatic shut-off function shuts down the machine when the ice is full.
The machine, overall, is easy to understand and use. It is portable and suitable for camping and traveling due to its size.
5. COSTWAY Gourmet Ice Maker
- It saves power and electricity.
- Can make 48 pounds of ice in a day.
- LCDs are easy to read.
- Makes less noise.
- Self-cleaning feature.
- The drain plug might leak.
This electric ice maker features a superior compressor that can produce 48 pounds of ice in a day. The easy LCD makes the device user-friendly and easy to use.
The power-saving compressor makes it save electricity and money. It produces 24 clear ice cubes in one sitting. The machine makes less sound which is convenient for everyone.
A transparent window allows you to see how much ice is ready without lifting the lid. The stainless steel exterior makes it easy to clean and durable. The self-cleaning function lets you save time and energy.
Best Undercounter Gourmet Ice Maker
In case, there is high demand of gourmet ice; you should look for the best undercounter gourmet ice machine.
1. Scotsman CU50PA Gourmet Ice Maker
- The ice maker is designed for commercial use and can produce 65 lbs of ice in a day.
- The control panel of the device lets you know about water conditions.
- It is easy to install because of the built-in drain.
- The device meets all the standards set by UL standards and NSF International.
- This stainless steel machine comes with Water Sense Technology.
- It is approved for outdoor use.
- It’s bulky and can not move easily.
The Scotsman CU50PA-1A is an under-counter ice maker designed for commercial purposes. This machine is a serious investment, and it can produce high-quality 65 lbs of ice in a day.
At a time, the ice maker can store 26 lbs of ice and produces full ice cubes. The stainless steel machine comes with Water Sense Technology. What does this technology do?
With this technology, the machine detects hard water and cleanses the minerals after each cycle.
The machine is tested and meets all the NSF International and UL standards for safety. It is also Energy Star certified and is ideal for outdoor use. The built-in drain makes it easy to install.
2. Hoshizaki AM-50BAJ-AD Commercial Ice Machine
- The ice maker is ideal for commercial use as it can produce 51 lbs of ice every day.
- The machine is made of stainless steel.
- It has an in-built storage of 22lbs.
- The ice maker comes with a built-in bin.
- It has a cord length of 6ft, making it ideal for outdoor use.
- It’s bulky and a bit noisy.
The AM-50BAJ-AD by Hoshizaki, is an under-counter ice maker. This device is made of stainless steel and ideal for commercial purposes. The built-in bin along with the ice maker makes it one of the best under-counter ice makers in the market.
This under-counter machine has a storage capacity of 22 lbs and can produce up to 51 lbs of ice in a day. What type of ice does this ice maker produce? It produces top hat ice cubes. This machine also has an air-cooled and self-contained condenser.
You can also use this machine outdoors as it has been approved by UL. This is a single-phase ice maker that works at 115 volts and has a cord length of 6ft. You can read Hoshizaki commercial ice maker review here.
3. VEVOR Commercial Gourmet Ice Maker
- The ice maker can make 156 clear ice cubes in every cycle.
- The storage capacity of the machine is 350 lbs.
- It comes with an auto-clean feature.
- It gives you the freedom to choose the thickness of the ice.
- It offers a 6-inch height from the bottom, keeping the moisture on the ground away from the ice maker.
- It comes with a water filter and a scoop to take out the ice.
- The ice maker comes in two shipments four days apart.
- Customer support service is not responsive.
The ice maker by Vevor comes is known for its rapid ice making. It comes with the 850W SECOP compressor and can make 156 cubes of ice per cycle. Each cycle lasts around 8-15 minutes. It can produce up to 400lbs of ice in a day.
This stainless steel ice maker is sturdy, durable, and has a long life. It can store ice up to 350lbs and is great for commercial use. The 2.5mm thick food-grade PP injection liner offers good sturdiness and strong impact resistance.
It has a 6-sided cyclopentane foam layer. What is its advantage? It prevents the melting of the ice cubes for 5-7 hours by isolating external heat. The LCD panel is Easy Touch making it a user-friendly device.
4. Ice-O-Matic GEMU090 Pearl Ice Maker
- It’s a compact under-counter pearl ice maker.
- It produces 85 pounds of gourmet/pearl ice in 24 hours.
- It has 22 pounds fully insulated ice storage bin.
- The build quality of the machine is high.
- It works on 115V electricity.
- Not suitable for high ice demand (more than 85 pounds/day).
The Ice-O-Matic GEMU090 Pearl ice maker is a compact yet powerful ice maker for small business purposes. If you’re looking for an under-counter gourmet ice maker for entertainment venues, break rooms, offices, and cafés, etc. then this one is a good choice.
It operates at 115V electricity and produces 80-85 pounds of ice every day. The machine measures 14.875×22.625×33.375 inches in dimension with 22 pounds ice storage bin.
Also, the machine works on Pure Ice® technology that ensures protection from odor, bacteria, and scaling.
5. Hoshizaki C-80BAJ Commercial Ice Maker
- The body of the ice maker is stainless steel.
- It has a sturdy and durable design.
- It has an in-built storage capacity of 22lbs.
- The ice maker can produce 80lbs of ice in 24 hours.
- Its height is less than 34’’ making it perfect for under-counter.
- It is noisy and heavy.
The Hoshizaki ice maker is less than 34’’ tall and has a perfect under-counter design. It has an in-built bin and has a storage capacity of 22 pounds. The body of the ice maker is made of stainless steel that makes this machine sturdy and durable.
Every 24 hours, the ice maker produces around 80lbs of ice. The ice maker produces mini cubelets and nugget-style ice. It also has an air-cooled as well as self-contained condenser. The ice maker works at 115 volts and 4 amperes current.
You can also use this machine outdoors as it has been approved by UL. It also has ETL-Sanitation. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty along with this product.
Best Gourmet Ice Maker Buyer’s Guide
There are some things that you need to consider when buying an ice maker. Some of them are listed below.
The countertop ice maker and the under-counter ice maker have their specifications which make them the best. Some of them are listed below.
Undercounter Ice Maker
- It is usually 25-35 inches tall, 12-18 inches wide, and 23-25 inches deep.
- They are specially designed under the countertop.
- Allows you to add a custom panel.
- Needs a separate water line.
- Can make 20-100 pounds of ice.
- Generally has a front vent.
- Features an insulated bucket to hold 20 to 50 pounds of ice.
Countertop Ice Maker
- Compact in size.
- Can fit on a countertop.
- Water can be added to the device manually.
- Some models feature buckets that can collect ice weighing 2-5 pounds.
- Can make 10-30 pounds of ice in 24 hours.
- Venting can be rear or side.
Types of Ice
Some ice makers can produce ice of different shapes and sizes. The machines which can make ice of several shapes and sizes are more preferred than the ones which can make ice of a single shape or size. Also, choose the ice makers which make ice that melts slower than cloudy ice.
The more, the better, correct? Go for the ice makers which can store a larger capacity of ice. This will mean that the ice melts slower and less mess is created.
The ice makers which are eco-friendly are better. This means that the ice makers which save energy and power are better than the ones which do not.
There are generally two drainage options: the first is a drain plug and the second is a gravity drain. Gravity drains are suitable for lower drains. Otherwise, the drain plugs are suitable.
Ice maker is of two types- countertop and under-counter. Countertop ice makers are ideal for residential and small businesses. Under-counter ice makers are ideal for commercial purposes.
After doing extensive research, finding the best gourmet ice maker is quite difficult. It is important to have proper knowledge of ice makers and understand their uses.
I hope that this guide on the best gourmet ice makers provides you with all the information required to buy an ice maker.
Do share your valuable feedback in the comment box.